very small bathroom..shower/tub?

Old 12-11-01, 02:00 AM
Visiting Guest
very small bathroom..shower/tub?

O.K. I am the person with the very small bathroom..decorating/renovating. We would like to replace the 4 foot tub with something we saw in a magazine. It was a tub and shower combination that was built in out of tile. The tub was removed and they somehow built up sides with tile (about 24"-30" high), tiled the walls and the bottom "tub" surface, and installed both shower and tub fixtures as they would be seen with a normal tub/shower installation. Have you ever heard of this type of renovation and do you think it would withstand time/use? The drain was where you would find a normal tub drain, under the tub tap. It was hard to tell if they had a shower door installed, I don't think there was one, but I would like to get one if we could find one that fit our small space. Is there any light you can shed on this situation?
Thank-you for any suggestions. Sherry

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-01, 03:40 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Small tub

You can make your post on the bath, plumbing, and ceramic forums to see if you can get some response to your search for a small tub. If you are doing a ceramic tile tub, go to www.johnbridge.com. The tile pros hang out on the forums with John and they have lots of answers.