Baby's Room

Old 01-13-02, 05:09 PM
drob8
Visiting Guest
Baby's Room

We are starting on the baby's room and we wanted to put some sort of divider so we could use two color's of the bedroom set on the walls. I immediately thought chair rail in which we could then use the third color of the bedroom set for the chair rail. Our thought is to do the top in a light yellow, the chair rail in a light green, and the bottom in a light blue. Our two dilemas...

The white blinds are already order and I'm not sure how that is going to look with the light yellow walls.

The bottom of the window is 35" and the bottom of the light switch is 43" so I'm not quite sure where to mount the chair rail.

Any opinions or ideas are welcomed.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-02, 07:45 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing a chair rail

There are no rules set in granite for chair rails. Chair rails were originally installed wherever the backs of the chairs reached in order to protect the wall. You usually see them anywhere from 30-36" from the floor, but they are installed at all heights.

The room in which I am sitting: The bottom of the window is about 14" from the floor and the chair rail is 40" from the floor. This is an 80 year old house.

White blinds are considered neutral and go with any color scheme. The lady who lived in this house before I moved in has white blinds in the breakfast room with white wood work, peach walls, and navy and white, large plaid valances.

Old 01-14-02, 09:34 PM
drob8
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info. I think I'm just going to split the difference and run the center of the chair rail at about 39." I was just concerned at how it would look if it were too close to the bottom of the window or two close to the bottom of the light switch. I guess I'll just run with it.

Mike

Old 01-14-02, 09:47 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Placement of chair rail

It sounds great. I am sure the room will be lovely.

Best regards,