Decoration And Design

Old 09-03-01, 04:42 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I just bought a Kenmore 8000 BTU Window Air-Conditioner, model #25370088001 at sears.
I am planning on a move and if i move the Unit through Air cargo it may be moved "Upside down". Is it going to spoil my unit.
One of my friend said that if the Air-conditioner unit is turned upside down the oil may enter the tubes and may make the unit unusable.
Is this true..
Will be waiting for your reply..
Thanks in advance.

Thrilok.
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-02, 07:10 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Decoration And Design

I'VE RECENTLY MOVED INTO A HOME THAT'S ABOUT 30 YEARS OLD AND IT'S DESIGN IS "MODERN." ALTHOUGH I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT INTERIOR DECORATING, I THINK I SHOULD KEEP THE INTERIOR OF THE HOUSE FAIRLY MODERN IN IT'S FURNISHINGS. MOST OF EVERYTHING I HAVE (FURNITURE), I WANT TO GET RID OF AND BASICALLY START OVER. BESIDES FURNITURE, I NEED TO GET WINDOW COVERINGS, ACCESSORIES, ETC. I WANT TO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND MAKE VIRTUALLY NO MISTAKES (HA HA). THE ROOMS I'M MOST CONCERNED WITH ARE (1) ENTRY (2) LARGE LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM COMBINATION (3) SMALL OFFICE. AS YOU ENTER THE HOUSE, YOU COME INTO A SMALL RAISED ENTRY AND FROM THAT POINT YOU CAN IMMEDIATELY SEE THE LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM AND THE OFFICE. EVERYTHING I WANT TO DECORATE IS VISIBLE FROM THE ENTRY. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH INTERIOR DECORATOR'S CHARGE FOR THEIR SERVICES, BUT I REALLY THOUGHT THAT I'D BE BETTER OFF SPENDING THAT MONEY ON FURNISHINGS, ETC.

ADVICE FOR ME?......GREAT!

NEED MORE INFO?......NO PROBLEM!

BOOKS I SHOULD GET?......I'LL GET THEM!

ANY DIRECTION YOU CAN OFFER IS REALLY APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU.

Old 01-31-02, 10:42 PM
Visiting Guest
Why get rid of your furniture? Use what you have and spend your money on paint and fabrics. If you have things you do not like, mask them by slipcovering and/or painting. Use bold color and brightly patterned fabrics. Although you might find it scary at first, these will cover a multitude of sins and will bring excitement to your home. Mix your furnishings, using different styles of furniture - mix modern, antique, wicker, etc. Using different styles in a room makes it much more lively and interesting. Look at some magazines and get ideas. Look at the color on the walls and see what it does for the rooms. When selecting colors, be certain the rooms will flow. In other words, if you use a rusty red in one room, the next room could be a khaki, or a super lime color. Use some of the second room color in the furnishings of the first room. If your first room is rusty red and your second, lime, use a bit of lime in the rusty red room and vice versa. To save money, bamboo shades from Home Depot can be used at the windows. If you need privacy, use window shades under them. Some big green plants will finish the room.

Old 02-07-02, 05:32 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink check out the bhg web site

before you do anything it would be a good idea to figure out your style. If you have time go to several showrooms and just walk through only stopping when something attracts you or makes you want to stay awhile. So many choices out there, you may love a look but not find it comfortable in your own house! Try the Better Homes and Gardens web site (bhg.com), they have a questionaire that helps determine your decorating style. I also love the homeporfolio.com web site because it has lots of decorating help also. Check out sears or other stores, some offer free decorating advice when you commit to buying some items there (like drapes).
God Bless