How To Transfer an Image Onto a Wall?

Old 03-13-02, 10:00 AM
AmyMcKay
Visiting Guest
How To Transfer an Image Onto a Wall?

I'm interested in painting something on my wall and ideally I'd like to just blow up a picture and trace it on or use an overhead projector. When I read about projectors they seem to say the original image has to be 5x5 or 6x6 and they don't tell you how large you can get it on the wall. Does anyone know the most efficient way of doing this? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-02, 04:46 PM
Tommg
Visiting Guest
Amy:

I think the easiest way would be to enlarge your picture or drawing to whatever size you desire then make it into a stencil that you can making tape onto the wall and then spray, roll, brush, etc. I have used www.photomaniausa.com and they will do it for you professionally and at a reasonable price.

Hope this helps!

Tom

Old 03-29-02, 07:22 AM
corrieb
Visiting Guest
use an Art-o-graph projector

At a former job I had to reproduce book and album covers onto 8-foot tall posters. An Art-o-graph projector is inexpensive (maybe $30-40). You put the original on the bed, aim it where you want to put the art on the wall, turn it on and turn off the lights. Then trace with a pencil and paint.

Old 04-07-02, 07:13 PM
Marco Z
Visiting Guest
An artist friend of mine uses a projector to accomplish this and it is the best way. The size of the image is determined by how far you can get the projector from the wall. Within an average room you should be able to get the image to be quite large on a wall.