kitchen decoration

Old 03-14-02, 04:05 PM
gtmentel
Visiting Guest
Post kitchen decoration

i'm painting my kitchen bright yellow and have very old cheaply made cabinets, i would like to strip the white paint off the cabinet fronts and leave the rest white. i'm not sure if this would look nice in a very small kit or if it is even and acceptable design. would appreciate any advice on what to do with them, can't replace them now.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-02, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If the cabinets are as cheaply made as you say you may be in for a rude surprise when you remove the paint - they may well be particle board or some other laminate that HAS to be painted to look good.

I wouldn't strip them at all. I'd sand,prime, and paint.

Old 03-28-02, 03:08 PM
redcar8
Visiting Guest
cheap cabinet doors

I had a problem like yours..What I did was antigue them to add character. I sanded them, then painted a warm wood color, let it dry, then added a cracking medium and a light color on top. Then I added an ageing compound to the cabinets. When done add a little poly and you have new cabinets. It sounds like work I know but it went pretty quick.

Overall, it came out pretty cool. Its so cozy, mellow yellow walls with the aged light cabinets and flowers...

It screams welcome.

Old 04-07-02, 07:42 PM
Marco Z
Visiting Guest
The doors should DEFINITELY be the same color as the framework. Strip, sand and re-paint the whole thing.