Play room help needed

Old 03-21-02, 07:37 PM
Funtobemom
Visiting Guest
Smile Play room help needed

We have a big play room. There is a paladium window in a recessed area. Another recessed area about the size of a big closet. The rest has the attic ceilings that are low on the sides.

I'm wanting some fun ideas to use in this room. The low walls are a light beige and there is beige berber carpet. We have a sitting area with a couch, tv and coffee table. In the middle is a foosball table and air hockey. Can someone give me some ideas to make this a unique room? My kids are elementary school age, but I want it to work when they are teens too. Nothing too young.

Not sure what to do about the walls. Do you keep the color the same on the walls as the low ceilings? Is there a way to decorate the sloping ceiling? Is is better to go with a theme like 50's or a beach theme?

Thanks for all the help!
Pam

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-02, 11:35 AM
winkmccarthy
Visiting Guest
Mural

One way to dress up a play room without cluttering the room, is to have a mural painted on one of your sloped ceiling walls.....You and your kids can choose a theme like the sky, sport, mystical or funky and colorful shapes (which would be easy to do yourself). I don't know what your budget is, but a frugal way of having it done is to check out your local art schools for freelance artists. Hope this helps!