Decorating weird shaped room

Old 04-11-02, 07:00 AM
Machel
Visiting Guest
Decorating weird shaped room

Does anyone have any suggestions for decorating a bedroom that is 22x12. It is the weridest shape for a bedroom and I'm afraid that it will present some problems! There is a window at one end and a bathroom door at the other end. I'm going crazy trying to come up with an arrangement that makes it look less like a hall!

Thanks!!!
Machel

Old 04-12-02, 11:03 AM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Hmmm

Wow, Machel, you do have (what could be) an issue!

We have a friend with a room similar in size. What they had to do to make it look more livable was break it up into 'more' than one room.
At one end of the room is a bed diagonal under (their) window. This of course gives it the appearance of being larger (and takes up some extra space). They also added a dresser/mirror combo near the closet for guests. Then further down the room, a living-type area was added. They put in a television, a plush chair and a side table.

This has worked great for their home, giving the room a more 'apartment' feel and becoming a haven of comfort for their visitors.
Hope you find a soution that will make you feel good about your room.

Happy decorating!

Old 04-12-02, 08:03 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Creating a bedroom suite

Creating the look of a bedroom suite will indeed fill the long narrow room and create a very effective decorating plan. Hotels/motels have been doing this for years. If the room is going to be a guest room, a sleeper sofa in the sitting area might come in handy if guests have children.

Old 04-13-02, 08:57 AM
GwyniChaela
Visiting Guest
Thank you, Twelvepole. That's exactly what I was getting at - could not for the life of me think of what to call it.
That's what you get when you're sleep deprived. Maybe I should go make some use of my own bed!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: