Help

Old 05-15-02, 10:47 AM
krisrick
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Help

I'm in need of some decorating ideas. I've looked on Trading Spaces on the net and I watch the show always. I'm getting ready to move into a new house and have purchased Black leather furniture. The house has brand new beige carpet (not my choice)and walls painted white. My husband wants blue everywhere in the house. (sheeesh) I have agreed on our bedroom and to accent the living room with blue accents and maybe even painting the main wall blue. What I'm having a hard time with is what color of blue will not make it to dark and not to light, and how much would be to much? I want to walk in and feel relaxed. I'm open for all suggestions!!! Please help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-02, 08:26 AM
mmk
Visiting Guest
Hi! I'll try to help out-I majored in Art and just LOVE to work with color. My first suggestion is to go to Lowe's or another home improvement store and collect samples of the lightest blues possible. Black is going to really close up your spacial feel with a dark blue. I like Laura Ashley Home paint at Lowe's they have some shades of navy that are light and beautiful (plus, its sturdy). Blue, black, beige, could be hard to pull off; but there are ways. One idea is you could always sponge paint--put a darker (not too dark) blue on first, then sponge a light blue over it. I would frame all the art (photos) for the walls in black, and maybe use black accessories instead of blue ones. You can always get an area rug to tie in the blue,beige and white (believe it or not, Kmart has some great ones). You could also look at a wallpaper place for a nice wallpaer and border with blue, beige, and white for your main wall. Paint the top of the wall white, wallpaper the botttom half, and stick that border in the middle for an elegant look. I'm long-winded, but I hope I helped.
PS: this would ba a great room to show off black and white photos or prints