Brighten up a long, narrow, DARK Lroom

Old 06-12-02, 06:06 PM
Diski
Visiting Guest
Brighten up a long, narrow, DARK Lroom

I have a livingroom that long and narrow, Im guessing its abt 12 x 18 . We bought the house from the roofing contractor that built the neighborhood, and it was apparently a model home. The livingroom has 9 vertical windows which are 12 inches wide by 6 feet tall. These windows line the front of the house. With so many widows, privacy was a concern, so they had the windows tinted. There is no air in the room, as none of the windows open so it can get pretty stuffy. We intend to put in a ceiling fan- white of coarse!
The garage, which was turned into a "rhompus room", and we since then have turned into our office, has almost the same situation- front of the house, lots of tinted windows, but it also has windows on the other wall, so it is nice and bright, and is wider.
My problem is two fold
1 How do I decorate these windows to provide privacy, but allow light to come in. The windows start 2 feet from the ceiling, and stop abt 6 inches from the floor, and there is abt 6 inches between each window. I have vertical blinds up now, but they are fairly boring...The long wall opposite the windows are white, as are the windows, carpet is country blue, and the other walls are a soft tan (like Bambi??) in an attempt to make the room appear more symetrical. I dont think it worked!

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-02, 06:10 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Brighten a long, narrow room

How To Use Natural and Artificial Light to Brighten Your Rooms
http://www.homestore.ca/tabs/Decorat...s/Brighten.asp

Old 06-15-02, 10:37 AM
Diski
Visiting Guest
Good suggestions

Thanks for the great site on brightening the room- plenty of great ideas!
Diski

Old 06-17-02, 10:41 AM
pmgca
Visiting Guest
Smile Brighten up a long, narrow, DARK Lroom

Hi,
Have you tried with 3D views?. I think that is better than try-and- erase, spending lots of money in the way. You have lots of options and combinations, with or without funiture, shadows, fabrics and colors.
I you want to see some of my works, my Home Page is
http://www3.sympatico.ca/pmgjdk

Best wishes,

Patricia