Family room/ bedroom

Old 06-17-02, 10:21 PM
lmill
Visiting Guest
Family room/ bedroom

We are in need of another bedroom for my older son, age 13. We have a lower level basement area that is used at times by all three boys. It currently is a T.V./ toy room. I would like to turn it into a bedroom for my son, an yet let it be accessible to others. The room as approx. 22 X 17. Any Ideas!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-02, 04:18 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bedroom/family room combination

The area could be arranged like many hotel/motels do as a suite. Arrange furniture so that the bedroom area and family room area are separated. Yet, through color coordination of fabrics and accessories they coordinate. If there is not a bathroom in this area for changing clothing, perhaps a folding screen could offer privacy as well as a separation of areas if needed.

A day bed, or perhaps, a twin bed with bolsters could serve a dual purpose of bed as well as seating for entertainment if needed. This would allow you to incorporate the sleeping area into the entertainment area. A desk/study area is also important for children. This might, however, create conflict if your child needs to study and others want to watch TV.

Old 06-19-02, 12:20 PM
lmill
Visiting Guest
Thank you for the idea...I had already thought about the screen, the bed situation was my concern... We plan on building a large build in closet for storage, dresser and dressing. My next concern will be decorating and coordination... I was thinking black furniture with teal and maroon accents....

Old 06-19-02, 02:57 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Decorating

I always tell everyone they should select colors that make them happy. Black with teal and maroon sound dramatic!