bathroom flooring

Old 09-17-02, 11:28 PM
3timemom
Visiting Guest
bathroom flooring

I just had this brilliant idea, but don't know if it is possible. Is it possible to lay linoleum over bathroom tile. I hate the tile in our bathroom, and don't want to rip it all out (way to much work), and was wondering if you can some how lay linoleum over the tile.

Old 09-18-02, 04:57 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

You can put vinyl flooring over tile, if you want every bit of it to show through. Vinyl needs a completely flat surface.
Mike

Old 09-18-02, 06:44 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
While it may be "way too much work to rip it all out", it will be way too ugly if you don't!!

Old 09-25-02, 05:07 PM
kchristofora
Visiting Guest
Go to your local hardware store, as for a "thin set" to spread over the tile. This effectively fills in all the cracks. Use a smooth trowel to spread it nice. Take your time. Every trowel edge you leave, sand down when it dries.

Then spread your glue with your notched trowel and lay your linoleum . Believe it or not, the vinyl floor will show every mark, the glue will soften the vinyl before it sets up for the final dry time.

Mine turned out wonderful. Then make yourself a new notch in your thresh-hold and you wount even know the difference in floor heights.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: