Paint suitable for painting a Bath

Old 10-31-02, 12:45 PM
MARK1CAROLINE
Visiting Guest
Paint suitable for painting a Bath

Hello to you all, newbie on this forum so be gentle. I have heard that there is a paint available designed for baths. I want to change the colour of my bath it's blue at the moment. Replacing the bath would disturb the tiling and other decoration so at the moment I would perfer to paint it white. Is it easy to use? What is the result like? Where can I buy the paint? The bath is an enamled metal type. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 10-31-02, 01:46 PM
DIY Elton
Visiting Guest
I haven't tried the enamel they have out for redoing baths. But on Ron Hazelton's website (I got there thru Lowe's site), it says that there are 2 ways to redo a bath. You can do it the DIY way with the enamel paint (you use a brush and it self-levels) or have pros come in and redo it. He says that the enamel paint looks like someone painted it on, while the pros spray it on and lasts longer. I guess you get what you pay for.
Good luck and be sure and get references for the pros. I've heard some horror stories.

Old 10-31-02, 01:53 PM
DIY Elton
Visiting Guest
You can purchase the enamel at most home improvement stores -- like Lowes and Home Depot. One draw back is that it takes a long time for the stuff to dry -- days and days (I think 5 until it cures and you can use the tub again). The kit is less than $20 (it comes in 2 cans that you have to mix together)
One of these days I plan to do my tub and I've been researching whether to use this enamel. It comes in either oil base or water-based.

Old 10-31-02, 02:02 PM
MARK1CAROLINE
Visiting Guest
Hi DIY Elton thanx for your reply, the site you mention how do I find it?

Old 11-06-02, 10:25 AM
DIY Elton
Visiting Guest
http://www.ronhazelton.com

Then go to Ron's mailbag and go down the list of subjects until you get to "Bath Tub Refinishing"

Good luck.

-- Elton

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: