Bathroom Ceiling

Old 11-25-02, 10:32 AM
maxxie
Visiting Guest
Bathroom Ceiling

I am replacing a suspended ceiling in the bathroom. Someone gave me clear plexaglass (not sure of the spelling) and said that all I had to do was spray it with "stuff" so that it would not be clear. I tried the spray but it does not work. What can I do? Thank you in advance.

Old 11-25-02, 08:46 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Painting plexiglass

Have you tried acrylic paint?

Old 11-26-02, 05:13 AM
maxxie
Visiting Guest
Acrylic Paint?

Do you mean that I could use a roller and paint the clear plexiglass?? I have fluorscent lights. Someone suggested contact paper but I fear that the lights will cause the paper to start a fire. What do you think? I light your paint idea. If I paint do I need to prep the plexiglass.

Old 11-26-02, 06:08 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Painting on plexiglass

Type into your favorite search engine: painting on plexiglass. You will find that some artists have turned it into quite an art form, especially with reverse painting. The acrylic paints can be sprayed or simply dip your fingers or brush in the paint and swirl to create designs. You will be limited only by your imagination. Some of the faux techniques such as feathering, ragging, rolling, sponging, etc. could also be used.

I would not recommend contact paper. It's not only the fear of overheating, but it's the "tac-ky" part that may produce results that may be less than satisfactory when it comes to your discriminating tastes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: