I'm new and I have a question

Old 12-05-02, 03:02 PM
blckbuster
Visiting Guest
I'm new and I have a question

I live in new york and the snow is coming down and in the apt I live in(which I like a lot) I have a bathroom with no bath or shower. to shower I run accross the roof to my roomates space which is separated by the roof access
in other words I really need my own shower

can you guys tell me if this is something I'm allowed to do myself (legally) the landlord oked it
but I'm short on dough and long on time and handiness so I know I could tackle it
but I think a plumber would break me

any advice?

Old 12-05-02, 04:59 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Installing a shower

Before beginning your project, you and the landlord need to check with the building inspector regarding codes, permits, and inspections. Codes tend to vary from area to area. If you learn that you can 'legally' proceed, then, you will need to do some how-to research. You have come to the right place to begin your project. A good place to start is at www.doityourself.com/baths where you will find info:

Adding a New Bathroom
Detailed How-to Resources
Miscellaneous Bathroom Pages

We also have a Plumbing Forum where expert plumbers can provide you will excellent assistance.

You might want to get some estimates from at least 3 plumbers. The plumber may be more affordable than you think. The plumbing will be the most difficult part of the project. It will require a permit and an inspection.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: