Watertech Whirpools

Old 12-29-02, 06:06 PM
Mkuriawa
Visiting Guest
Watertech Whirpools

Has anyone purchased or had any experience with Watertech Whirpools? I found them online while researching new tubs for my master bathroom addition and they seem like quality units for the price. I am just hesistant about purchasing something sight unseen, the company does frequent home shows but none in my immediate area so there is really no place for me to take a look at one first hand.

Any information would be appreciated.

Here is the URL for the website www.watertechtn.com

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Old 12-29-02, 06:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mike,

I have heard of Watertech but you're right, you need to touch and see what you are getting first.

A couple fo weeks ago, one of my clients who is having me design a new master bedroom with bath addition asked about whirlpools. I normally ask the client to not only go look but to TRY THEM OUT FIRST! You really need to sit in them...there are alot of issues to consider and fitting you is the first place to start. She was really tired, she tried out 15 units before choosing the one she wanted. Good price and all the features in the world don't mean nothing if it doesn't feel comfortable.

Watertech does have a good warranty but the issue of if there is a problem would tend to have me concerned. Who would come to repair if needed and how long would it take. Best way to get these answered is to call the manufacturer.

It might be possible to get references within your area from them and call them up. Just maybe you could get great feedback and maybe....well, you never know!

Hope this helps!

Old 01-12-03, 08:39 PM
gwchip
Visiting Guest
I have a watertech whirlpool bath. Saw at a home show in St. Louis.Liked the shape of thier model 7243,It really allows two people at a time with room to spare.The companys service was excellent. It arrived in good shape. On or about the date promised and has worked well. We chose the in line heater and the airswitch. The in line heater keeps the water plenty hot.The plumber and I installed it with no suprises. The plumber stated he was impressed with the the fit & finish ,and the prise. Hope this helps.I would not hesitate to order another. Chip

Old 01-12-03, 09:29 PM
gwchip,

Thanks for the feedback for Mike but I was wondering about a couple of things and I think so would Mike;

Did you get to sit in this at the home show?
How is the noise level of this unit?
Is the unit comfortable for long soaks or not?
What did the plumber charge for install?
Do they provide good info in case of problems?
Do they have any reps to service them to customers, locally?

Just thought I would ask

Old 01-14-03, 06:26 AM
Mkuriawa
Visiting Guest
WaterTech

Chip,

Thanks for the reply, not many people have heard of them but according to what I have been told they do supply tubs to Lowes. Doug had some other good questions for you, perhaps you could take some time and answer them, I am about 2 weeks away from purchasing a tub and I would appreciate the feedback.

I see by your signature that you are a fellow motorcycle rider...Nice!

It has been way too cold in the Northeast lately but I am itching to get out.

Old 01-14-03, 09:43 AM
gwchip
Visiting Guest
water tech whirl pools

As far as comfort goes, lets say I have spent more hours in the tub than I my busy life actually allows . After my wifes back surgery she probably has more hours racked up in it than I do. I have been in hot tubs that where more comfortable ,with thier molded seats they offer more support . But I can say I haven't been in any whirl pools as comfortable as this.We use it about twice a week. The tub installation was part of a package deal when my house was built.So I can't say what it alone would cost to install.I can tell you for the model I have, one 50 gal. water heater was not enough. We had two 50gal. heaters ,one for the first and second floor baths,then one for the half bath ,kitchen,& laundry.There was too much distance between these areas to set the heaters next to each other. It would have wasted a lot of water waiting for the water to get hot at the other end of the house. I ended up installing another 50gal heater for the two full baths.The plumbing supply I purchased the heaters from,explained that you don,t actually get 50gal.of hot water out of the heater especaily when it has well water filling it as I empty it.They said you only get about 65% of the tanks capacity in actual hot water when you use it all at once.I am not sure about service on the tub, good question,I can only say I haven't used or needed any yet. Yes they did allow me to sit in it at the show.I looked at alot of tubs,I liked the seating position on this one .It allows both of us to use it without crowding each other,(unless we want to).

Old 01-14-03, 10:04 AM
gwchip
Visiting Guest
water tech tub

I forgot to address the question about noise,I have not been in another tub in over a year so I have nothing to compare it to .Yes you can hear a low rumble in the next room whe the jets are on. But I have been known to bring my daughter's 13inch Tv/Vcr into the room when I wanted to watch a movie . Yes I have to turn the Tv up louder than I normally would .But I would imagen that the case with most. Hope this told you what you needed to no.I'm no expert I can only tell you what I think. And its been about aweek since we had an unseasonablly warm day and was able to unplug the battery tender and put a few miles,(130 to be exact ) on by bike ,hope that didn't hurt to bad. Chip

Old 01-14-03, 10:09 AM
gwchip,

Great feedback, thanks for sharing! I'm sure Mike will appreciate it. It always help with good info to something unknown.

Good point about the extra water heater, I always recommend another when installing whirlpools because it does take alot of water and if you got a family, a 40,50 gallon water heater just won't cut it. What you were told about the actual hot water in a water heater is absolutely true. Just because it says 30,40, 50 gallons, that is not what you get out of it until it starts to get lukewarm... It's hard to explain that to a client at times, they just can't believe it!

Thanks Again!

Old 01-14-03, 11:12 AM
Mkuriawa
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Chip,

Great info! I was actually leaning towards the Watertech 7254 but now after reading that the 7243 has plenty of room I will probably purchase the smaller unit.

Capacity and water is not a problem for me, I installed a tankless hot water heater last year. Although you can not use a high flow faucet with it the system never runs out of the piping hot water. My normal tubs fills up fairly quick so even if the whirpool takes 15-20 minutes I can wait!

As for the riding, I am jealous. I have a brand new KTM sitting in my basement for 3 weeks that I have not ridden, my track bike is in storage and my new streetbike has not come in yet. If the temp breaks into the 40's again here in NJ I am going to try and get out for a little bit - too much housework and no fun is going to push me over the edge.

Old 01-14-03, 08:21 PM
gwchip
Visiting Guest
watertech whirl pools

Had I have realized what it was going to take to heat water for the hole house I may have went with the instant hot water heater also.I have heard of putting the heaters on a timer,so only one would run until prime use time .Haven't checked in to it yet. Good luck with the project. Chip

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: