IDing a toilet

Old 01-02-03, 05:03 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 112
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
IDing a toilet

The house I live in is about 14 years old. Its has mansfield toilets in it and I need to buy some seals for it, but how do you tell which model you have? I've seen where the tank bowl as date of july 1987 on it, but have not seen any other numbers.

Old 01-02-03, 05:29 AM
Doug Aleshire's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 4,455
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Based on the age, I assume that you probably have the float ball/ballcock assembly unless it is a watersaver flush valve (looks like a trumpet sitting on its bell)

Just take a look at it, if it the float ball type, it probably has 3 screws or a screw type cap on it (large ribbed ring). If you know it needs a new diaphragm, just bring that with you to get parts (usually sold in a kit). Most DIY stores carry these.

If it is the watersaver type, again parts sold in most DIY stores.

You can describe it to a salesman and they should be able to help you. Again, this based on the tank unless someone has changed the type of ballcock assembly.

Hope this helps!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: