Sink Damage

Old 01-05-03, 11:58 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sink Damage

When I tryed a product called ZAR to remove paint build-up on the walls there was some splatter that landed on the sink. I did not find out until I started to clean up, that these droppings caused the sink to melt and become soft. In essence ruin the sink. I ordered a product called Plast-Aid online but have not used it yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for any other repairs I can make to this sink. It is a one piece vanity and obiously made of plastic? If I have to report this to my Insurance my rates will triple? They do not make plastic one peice Vanity's anymore? I went to Dupont who made it but they were not helpfull. PLEASE HELP.

Old 01-05-03, 04:44 PM
mb576,

To even suggest submitting a claim on a vanity seems highly unusal unless this is worth ALOT of money, like more than a $500 deductable. If you are worried about your insurance rates going up, wouldn't the replacement of the vanity top/cabinet be alot more convenient and inexpensive? I have no faith in repair kits when the sink is obviously old and usually they will not make it look new again.

Good Luck!

Old 01-05-03, 07:49 PM
L
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Insurance?? Sorry friend, but this is not something that your homeowners policy is going to cover. Now, if a tree came through the roof in the last 90 MPH wind and that's what wiped out the lavy, then, yes, your insurance would probably cover it. But your using a paint remover and getting it splashed into the lavy -- that is not going to be a covered event!!

Old 01-06-03, 07:36 AM
Damaged Sink

Thanks guys, and sorry for not explaining all. Did not want to make it long and boring. I have a business and my deductable is $0, and the replacment sink is not plastic because they don't make them anymore. The cheapest is $450.00 for any one piece solid sink? I tend to be sloppy some times in order to get speed out of the project, and now I have to pay! Though I don't have $450 to through around, especially now that business is slow. So I will try the repair just to say I tryed. I'm sure the Insurance Co. will want that anyway. If it don't work, oh well. Thanks anyway guys.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: