Bathroom sink vanity needs refinished

Old 01-06-03, 07:26 AM
cspann
Visiting Guest
Bathroom sink vanity needs refinished

We have a white bathroom sink vanity. It was here when we bought the house. The bathroom is all ceramic tile and quite nice. However, the vanity's white finish is fading badly. The wood, or whatever it is, is starting to show through. Since the top of the vanity is ceramic tile, we would like to stain the vanity with a wood stain rather than replace it . Is this possible? Anything we should do or know before tackling this? Thank you.

Old 01-06-03, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cspann,

I am assuming that you may have particle board or MDF showing. I don't if staining this can be done with good results. You may want to post this under Decorate in the Painting section.

Good Luck!

Old 01-07-03, 04:25 AM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If this vanity is melamine, which I (and I think Doug) think it is, staining or painting it could be done IF you reface it first. If yu have a talbesaw, router, ... and confidence in your woodworking, then it could be a DIY project. Otherwise, look in the Yellow Pages under cabinets and find a cabinet maker who refaces them. Going to be simpler (and faster, and possibly less expensive) than dealing with the tile countertop.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: