Shower Insert - HELP!

Old 01-08-03, 04:47 AM
jrwpmw1
Visiting Guest
Angry Shower Insert - HELP!

OK, my old shower has had it. I want to put in a new fiberglass shower insert (48 inches long, 38 inches wide is the standard size I believe).

Problem, my bathroom door is 24 inches. If I remove the door jams, maybe 30 inches.

So, the 1 peice shower insert is out. So, I looked at the 2 piece. Same problem, will not fit in the door.

What am I missing here? These are standard shower inserts, and a standard door?

Thanks for your help!

P.S.
This bathroom has a short 3 foot hallway, meaning you can't just get somthing in the doorway and turn it side to side. You must go in straight for the 3 feet before you can turn.

Old 01-08-03, 08:37 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
jrwpmw1,

When it comes to replacement showers or tub/shower combos in a home, it is advisable to seek a "Remodeler" series. These are 2, 3 or 4 pc units. All excellent, and don't think they leak because they are "sectional". They are all made quite well and if you follow the instructions, you would never have a problem.

The reason obviously for using these types is to get them into a home. Bathroom doors are normally 2'-4" in older homes and most newer ones use 2'-6" or larger. I stress these types for any remodeled bathroom just for these reasons. If a bathroom has a window, they can still be too small to get a 1 or 2pc into a bathroom.

Check out Lasco, Kohler, MAAX, ABS, etc. manufacturers for units available. Home Depot, Lowes all can help.

Hope this helps!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: