bathroom faucets,quality

Old 01-17-03, 08:42 AM
lhoverson
Visiting Guest
bathroom faucets,quality

does it pay to buy the high end faucets or can i get away with cheaper models. how do i know what makes a faucet good quality?should i buy the name brands only and stay away from no-name brands?

Old 01-17-03, 08:53 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

If you want quality and parts availablilty when needing to repair them (and you will), go with name-brand faucets only, and preferably from a plumbing specialty supply house rather than a big box discount store.
Even the name-brand, manufacturer-supplied faucets are slightly different at both (better at the plumbing supply houses where the pros get them).
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 01-17-03, 04:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
lhoverson,

Just a note to agree with OldGuy, the high end faucets that are seen at places like the Home Expo are extemely expensive and when installed have gotten poor reviews. The biggest complaint is lack of water pressure and/or volume. These are the Grohe, Blanco America but they are high in cost with poor performance.

Almost all have easy washerless cartridges for easy replacement... not always cheap but are nice.

The brands that most are associated with, like Moen, American Standard, Delta have excellent faucets with a very good variety of styles, finishes at reasonable prices. Kohler is still high prices but have nice stuff available. Warranties are usually standard throughout.

Go to your local plumbing parts store and get some better insight as well as more reasonable prices - not a high markup there.

No reason to pay high dollar but as usual, go with what you like but you are now made aware of issues that may help in your selections.

Hope the helps!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: