Complete Re-do/rather long HELP

Old 04-11-03, 08:41 PM
patkue
Visiting Guest
Question Complete Re-do/rather long HELP

Have 5 X 10' Hall bathroom. We will completely gut. Need ideas how to go about a total re-do/web pages,pic.,etc. Want to make easy to clean, look larger. 5' cast iron tub at end of rom on 5' wall. toilet and lav. on right hand side. Door opens into room. linen closet to left when entering, opposite toilet and lav. will NOT be moving water connections.Has old "popcorn" blown ceiling, will prob. have someone come in and do this over. Since closet has NO door and bathroom door opens into room, does a pocket door sound reasonable for closet? Also will be taking out old but still works gas wall heater. Will replace everything. Want it to look clean, open and bigger. We will go with new cast iron tub, toilet and lav. Does anyone make tile to match color of newer fixtures, i.e, the new biscuit or off white color of kohlor?? jus a thought. May go with a pedistal sink or just reuse the sink cab we have now and get a solid surf. top and new lav. need some help,just starting to put this together. Hubby can do all the work, he just will need to find the time, but we have other bathroom so this will not be a problem. Thanks so much and I am so glad I found this forum. Regards, Patricia

Old 04-11-03, 09:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
patkue,

Not sure what you are needing...you seem to know what you want. I think this link will provide the how to and what steps to take. You will have to do some shopping and look at product and review pictures of various items. It's called "homework" of which we can't really provide as your likes and dislikes are essential in this time of decision making. All your questions can be answered when you're shopping.

Consider all your choices wisely and think about your budget before gutting out bath.

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_fmhym.../article.jhtml

Hope this helps!

Old 04-12-03, 12:39 PM
moonshade
Visiting Guest
Patricia:
We just totally re-did our very small bathroom. Everything now is white. Floor and wall tile, and sink, and walls. if you are looking to make it appear larger, white is the way to go, believe me !!
Your idea of a pedestal sink is a good one, too. I debated getting one, but really need the under cabinet storage space. So I went with a traditional sink and cabinet.
Now I wish I had chosen pedestal. It gives the appearance of much more space, even though it really isn't.
Good luck ! If you have any questions, Doug and the others are very helpful and know their stuff !! This is a great forum.
I have gotten lots of help on here from everything to my stove to the bathroom.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: