Damaged Fiberglass Tub from Factory........

Old 04-15-03, 09:49 AM
molls
Visiting Guest
Angry Damaged Fiberglass Tub from Factory........

We have been remodeling my childhood home and have a problem with my new porcelain over fiberglass tub.
The contractor dropped hammer on 1st tub, which he prompty replaced, so he and my husband installed the 2nd one and everything was good.......
Then, I started removing the stickers placed on it by the factory so I could clean it........lo and behold, after removing a sticker, I found out why it was there
The porcelain is missing and it came that way from the factory !!!!
It is already set with the shower surround, otherwise I would take it back and get a THIRD TUB......
Now what do I do ??
Move it date is next weekend, so any and all help would/will be appreciated !!
Thanks ~~ Molls

Old 04-15-03, 02:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
molls,

Sorry to hear about dilema but if the unit is damaged, I would seriously get another unit. You might want to call the manufacturer for their recommendations but when you pay for a new product, it should be flawless.

Good Luck!

Old 04-17-03, 08:24 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It may be that the manufacturer will pay to have it installed, as well. I had this happen when a dishwasher was installed. During the run test, the main motor bearing housing leaked. No way to tell that beforehand. The vendor removed the defective unit and installed the dishwasher replacement with no charge.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: