bathroom

Old 04-26-03, 11:34 PM
peecee3
Visiting Guest
Question bathroom

I got the bright idea of redoing my bathroom a couple yrs.ago and all went fine till we put the tub in, put green board in the whole works and new surround, the prob. is when we put the tub where the wall and the tub meet there was a 1/2" gap, it seems there is moisture that has collected and now the new tub is all molding, should I have put the tub in first and then built the walls around it or do you build the walls and then put the tub in? How can I fix the problem, do I need to rip it all out and start over? HELP!!!!!

Old 04-27-03, 07:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
peecee3,

Unfortunately the instructions with your tub must had disappeared 2 years ago. I have attached a standard bathtub installation instruction sheet. Please review it.

The position I would take is to tear it all out and do it right. After 2 years the water damage might be in need of repair and this should be addressed. I don't recommend trying to make due with band-aid repairs without being sure I've done everything right!

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/p...stall_1011.pdf

Hope this helps!

Old 04-28-03, 06:18 PM
peecee3
Visiting Guest
bathroom

can't thank you enough for the info just wish I would have had this when I put it in. Lucky me get to start all over again but atleast it'll be done right. Love learning just wish there was a site to tell you ever thing before we amatures do it ourselves.
Thank you again

Old 04-28-03, 07:01 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
peecee3,

You're very welcome. Sorry I didn't have better news but you'll be very happy when you're done this time - GUARANTEED!

If you need more help...let us know!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: