Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Designing Kitchens and Bathrooms
Reload this Page >

Process of installing all tile shower enclosure???

Old 05-24-03, 06:57 AM
dayno
Visiting Guest

First I want to say thanks for the forum...lots of great info here. I am curious about the process of installing an all tile shower enclosure. I ran into a situation with a customer who had a leak in the shower pan and someone else had removed the floor tile backer and about 1' of tile all the way around the bottom exposing the floor sheathing and wall studs. I assume this was removed to get the old pan out as it was in a trash bag on the floor. I told the guy that I didn't have experience with this and reffered him to a tile person. Since then I have been very curious to understand the process / steps to install from scratch an all tile shower with framing and plumming already complete. I actually stopped by a couple of homes under construction and saw showers with the rubber mat installed covering the floor and about 1' around all sides of the shower with nothing else done and am wondering about the process. In this situation the drain was installed and it looks like it was installed after the rubber pan through a whole in the rubber and screwed in the floor sheathing to seal. Can someone take me through the rest of the process to satisfy my curiousity?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dayne Wright

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: