Shower drain sits too high - help!

Old 05-27-03, 03:23 PM
nucmed24
Visiting Guest
Arrow Shower drain sits too high - help!

In one of my bathrooms, I have a stand up shower. The drain, which sits in the middle of the shower, sits higher than the rest of shower. So after shower, not all of water drains out. I was wondering if there is anything that could be done about this? please help!

--ERIC

Old 05-28-03, 06:30 AM
Brewbeer
Visiting Guest
What is the shower floor constructed out of?

Old 05-28-03, 10:53 AM
masterjoe
Visiting Guest
Re-tile

From reading your post, I got the impression that what you have is not an one-piece fiberglass shower pan but a home-made tiled shower pan that the installer didn't pay too much attention to give it a proper slope toward the center drain.
Pre-fab pans are not very hard to install, but then again, if your shower stall is tiled all around, it won't look good either.

I suggest to:

-Plug the drain with a rag
-Chisel out all tiles and residual mortar base from the bottom of stall
-Re-mix, re-pour and re-lay the tiles; this time, make sure you give it a proper down-slope toward the drain(2-3 deg).

Good luck

Old 05-28-03, 12:46 PM
nucmed24
Visiting Guest
It is actually a one-piece shower. it appears that when the shower was installed, the drain was too high for the shower. I didn't know if there was a way to create a down slope, i.e. tiling the bottom? some sort of hardening liquid that i could pour not unlike cement? I am a new homeowner that knows not what he does. Help!! =)

Old 05-29-03, 06:13 AM
Brewbeer
Visiting Guest
Maybe the thing can be lowered by cutting down the height of the receiver drain pipe. What is under the shower downstairs? Or is the shower on a slab?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: