Hooking up outside water faucet to water supply

Old 06-19-00, 11:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I have 2 outdoor water faucets, 1 on the front, and the other on the side of my house, that isn't connected to the water supply. I would like to know how to connect the faucet to the water supply in my house. What do I need? Where is the water line? etc.

Old 06-19-00, 11:28 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Do you have copper or pvc (white plastic) water supply lines under your house? You will need to tap into the nearest cold water supply lines for each of these faucets, or you may be able to run one line to both. Run hot water through the lines to determine which is hot or cold, or you can look at the two lines under a fixture (from front angle)and the cold water should be on the right. There are a number of ways to do it, depending on the plumbing layout under your house. I would start with a T into the nearest 1/2" cold water supply line, add a ball-type cutoff valve, and then run your lines to each faucet. Then you can turn them off and drain them in the winter. PVC is much easier to work with (just clean, prime and glue the fittings) than copper (sweating the fittings). This is a fairly easy job. I'm not a plumber, but there are pro plumbers in here, if you have any questions. Just come back and ask, after you've taken a look at what you're working with. Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: