Wainscot in bathroom--how to paint?

Old 06-02-03, 06:04 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I'm about to put the wainscot up in my new bathroom. It's Georgia-Pacific Ply-Bead (plywood "panels" not individual planks). I want to put it in correctly so moisture does not cause any problems. Would it be overkill to paint both sides before I put it on the wall? I don't want to, although if there's a good reason to, I will. The current plan is to put it on the wall raw, and prime and paint the front & all edges. Is that adequate?

Also, any suggestions as to how to attach it would be welcome. I plan on a construction adhesive on the back, and finish nails into the studs.

Thanks in advance...

Old 06-03-03, 03:39 PM
mudder
Visiting Guest

its a real good idea to prime the backside of the panels as it will help the wood to not warp as it gets moist and then dries. You dont have to use nails at all with construction adhesive. The adhesive works extremely well on its own.

Old 06-03-03, 04:41 PM
B
The only real reason for the nails is because the panels are already slightly warped (they've been in storage for a few months). I hope the nails will help to keep the panels flat on the wall while the adhesive dries. Would you agree?

Old 06-03-03, 05:46 PM
C
As Norm would say, a couple of brads until the glue dries. It seems to be an excellent idea to hold the panel in place until the adhesive grabs hold.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: