Adding a bathroom

Old 08-20-00, 08:23 AM
Visiting Guest
My husband and I are adding a bathroom to our home and would like to know the options for our plumbing. We are hesitant about going into the foundation for the pipes. Is it possible to build up the floor 4 to 6 inches and lay the plumbing between the existing foundation and new floor?

Old 08-20-00, 11:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Is your house on a slab, or a raised wood floor? Raising the floor of this addition would require that you step up to get into the bathroom, which could prove to be inconvenient. And only going up 4" to 6" might not give you enough height to get the proper slope in your drain lines (they need to fall 1/4" to the foot).

Maybe you should call a couple of contractors over and get estimates for this project. They will give you some ideas of what things are possible and what things aren't.

Old 08-21-00, 06:48 PM
Visiting Guest
We have just did what u are wanting to do. He is right, get someone who knows what they are doing to look at it and they can give u some ideas. We did break up the slab. If u are redoing the floors its not a real big deal. But what I did do was let the plummer tell me what needed to be done and they work with me. I did use a jack hammer to get the floor out and then had the plummer hook everthing up. I think I could have done it but did not want any problems!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: