Modern Shower Drain install

Old 06-09-03, 09:34 AM
marseattle
Visiting Guest
Question Modern Shower Drain install

I'm putting in a shower in the downstairs bathroom that I'm remodeling. The bathroom had a shower, but was also used as the laundry room, and the combination didn't work for the space, so I created a laundry room separate from the bath (put in a new wall, and cut into the hallway wall for a door), and I need to move the shower.

I'd like to put in a long, slender drain grate that extends the width of the shower, and is about 3" wide.

I have seen these drains in landscaping situations, but I haven't seen this done in a shower. I'd like to know where I'd find such drain hardware to install, and how I'd do it.

The shower floor and walls are going to be tiled with a stone tile. The bathroom is on a cement slab, and I will need to cut into that, but will then have relatively easy access to the drain pipe underneath it (tapping near the old shower drain).

So, to summarize, here's what I'd like help/direction on:

1) does someone know of retailers who sell such slightly exotic hardware?

2) Such a drain looks to be just a standard drain, with a very elongated grate. The landscaping ones are deep, but I'm sure that's because of the potential flow. How do I do this?

I'm reasonably crafty with cement and stone, but no expert. If this is way into the professional zone, please let me know that, too.

Old 06-09-03, 11:02 AM
Brewbeer
Visiting Guest
Check out the tile forum over at John Bridge. They prolly know how to get what you are seeking.

http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/foru...p?s=&forumid=1

Old 06-10-03, 12:07 PM
marseattle
Visiting Guest
I've done this, and the discussion has continued healthily over there, so I'll drop this thread here.

Thanks for the advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: