Custom mirror?

Old 07-10-03, 07:09 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Custom mirror?

I tried searching the forums but didn't really get anything and I'm posting my question here because this will be done in my master bath. That and the limited activity in the mirror/glass forum. Anyway, what I want to do is build a mirror onto a wall in our attached dressing area. I'm thinking of either a single wall or possible building a sort of frame to have a three sided mirror like you see in dressing rooms. Has anyone done this or have any ideas? I think that I could attach the mirror using an adhesive and/or possibly some brackets which could then be hidden by a wood molding which I was planning to frame the mirror with.

Old 07-10-03, 11:15 AM
whales,

I'm sure you could get great ideas from a Glass and Mirror Supplier/Retailer. They usually have great samples to look at and they might give you some ideas as to how to make one. This works great if you imply that you are buying the mirrors from them!

Good Luck!

Old 07-11-03, 06:28 AM
W
Doug, thanks for the suggestion. I'll do some looking this weekend. If anyone on here has done this, any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Old 07-11-03, 08:18 AM
D
Not sure if it would work or not but your post reminded me of something I saw done on Trading Spaces.
They built a large mirror relatively cheaply by using 12inx12in mirror tiles inside of a wood frame. You'd have the lines from where the tiles met but as I recall it turned out well. If I were to go this route I'd probably buy 4 tiles, lay them out and see if I liked the results.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: