mold on studs

Old 07-17-03, 02:10 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
mold on studs

Hello Folks, I just ripped out a 30 year + bathroom. I found some mold on the studs behind the shower stall. I sprayed them down with bleach and left a powerful fan on in the room. I will re-spray with bleach and scrub down. The room will no longer be a bathroom, should this be good enough or should I just replace the studs.(about six) Thanks in advance for your help!!! Eric

Old 07-17-03, 02:24 PM
feihin,

I would replace them if the mold was severe. You will have to judge if this is the case. Read this for more info...

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/molds/images/moldguide.pdf

Hope this helps!

Old 09-18-03, 02:06 PM
jrizzo17
Visiting Guest
I agree...you will have to be the judge...my mother-in-law just her her bathroom ripped apart because of a leak in her bathtub that caused some mold...she has to get a new kitchen and a new bathroom because of it...

The guys replaced some of the studs and sanded the others...it's important to note that you should not do anything to it until it is dry...other wise it's very dangerous...you don't want to send the particles airbborne and then breath them in.

Some people say to bleach them other say don't...I would take a look at that epa site...be prepared to be bored...it's a long read...

Good luck...

John

Old 09-19-03, 08:15 AM
F
Hello Folks, I bleached and sanded and everything came out great. I only had a little surface mold though. Thanks for your help. Eric

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: