grout by tub

Old 08-02-03, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
grout by tub

I learned how to grout from this site and did my own sink and the men that saw it really were impressed with the work (because I did everything doityourself told me to do) and it looked so d... good.

I then tried to do my tub properly and I can't get the
grout out even though it needs to be fixed.

What do you do to remove OLD caulk to be able to put the
new caulk in so it fills up the "holes".

thank you for everything you have helped me with. This is
an incredible site. Even though I hired someone else ....some times...
at least I had an idea of what I needed and this is the most important aspect of this site.

xxx

Old 08-02-03, 03:58 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Caulk

If you are wanting to know how to remove old caulk in the crack between tub and shower wall, you will need a utility knife or razor blade to cut out old caulk. It all needs to come out. Clean surfaces with mineral spirits and recaulk with silicone caulk. Stay out of the shower for 24-48 hours.

I recently recaulked my new shower. The installers did a horrible job. So, I removed old caulk, cleaned surfaces, recaulked and left town.

I am picky about my caulk. I want it to be smooth and neat. I cut the tube at an angle with not too large of an opening and slowing squeeze out the grout. Then, I take my finger to smooth it out. Then, I go over it with a damp rag to remove any excess. I change locations on the rag constantly and keep the rag rinsed out.

I don't know what you mean by "holes." If there are holes in grout, then grout needs to be removed and replaced. It is not recommended that you patch grout with caulk. Grout will need to be removed with dremmel and replaced.

Old 08-03-03, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
caulk

Thank you for the information.

I really appreciate it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: