Medicine Cabinet

Old 08-05-03, 07:36 PM
nigeledge
Visiting Guest
Medicine Cabinet

I'm trying to install a medicine cabinet in our new basement bathroom. No screws or anchors or other fastening materials were included. How should I attach it to the wall? With some screws through the back... or liquid nails?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question... I just don't want to screw it up

Old 08-05-03, 07:43 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This is not the type that sets into the wall through a cutout in the sheetrock between the studs?

Old 08-19-03, 08:26 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Medicine Cabinet

If installing medicine cabinet on interior wall, you can screw through the wooden hangrails into the wall. Depending upon the manufacturer, the hang rails may be inside the cabinet or on the backside at the top and bottom. If installing on concrete or block wall, you will have to use anchors.

Old 08-27-03, 04:39 PM
Chip Jenkins
Visiting Guest
Re: Medicine Cabinet

Originally posted by twelvepole
If installing medicine cabinet on interior wall, you can screw through the wooden hangrails into the wall. Depending upon the manufacturer, the hang rails may be inside the cabinet or on the backside at the top and bottom. If installing on concrete or block wall, you will have to use anchors.
I just installed one myself. I removed the old one, which incidently, was the type that went through the drywall between the studs. The new one is a surface mount that has a hang rail at the top. I determined the location of the cabinet and marked the location of the studs on the inside of the cabinet, drilled small holes, and secured it to the wall with tapcons in three places, only at the top. The on thing that you want to watch is the squareness of the installation. If you cross a seam in the drywall, the sides will not be tight to the wall, and you do not want them to be. You may need to shim the sides so that you do not twist the cabinet. If you do that, the doors may not close properly.

Chip

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: