Shower/steam room tile ceiling

Old 09-18-03, 05:28 PM
Scott Weeks
Visiting Guest
Shower/steam room tile ceiling

I am installing tile on all surfaces of a shower/steam room that I am building in my new master bath. I have done a lot of reading about tiling, but only seem to find information on floors and walls. Where can I find installation instructions for 6 X 6 tiles on the ceiling? What about using Liquid Nails instead of thin set for tiles in general (floors, ceilings and walls)?

My second question is about moisture control. Because of the temperature differences between inside and outside of the steamroom, what special considerations need to be in place? I am considering drilling holes in the bottom and top plates so that the walls can breath along with insulating. There is one exterior wall. Is there more that I can do?

Old 09-21-03, 02:51 PM
H
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
tile

A real good hotshot on this is Michael Byrne. He writes for and has instructional videos ect for Finehomebuilding magazine. I think they have a website as well,...he's a hands on guy with tons of experience.

Old 09-22-03, 04:20 PM
Scott Weeks
Visiting Guest
Thanks I'll check that out. As far as the good, fast, cheap thing... we say that alot at work for the engineering projects I'm on. However, it looks like I'm only able to pick one (good) at home on my addition project. Nothing I'm doing is fast (of course, opinions vary on this one!), and since I really didn't have a construction budget, cheap waved bye-bye to me a long time ago when presented with the endless onslaught of the "if I'm gonna, I might as well" dilemma. I did visit Tile-experts.com and their stuff seemed interesting. Thanks again, I welcome all advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: