changing the color of a shower/tub enclosure

Old 09-24-03, 01:39 AM
k5ranger
Visiting Guest
Question changing the color of a shower/tub enclosure

we want to change the color of our golden harvest tub to white. are the kits that allow you to "paint" your tubs any good? will i be better off to replace the entire assembly? I'm just looking for the least expensive but o.k. solution to our problem. BTY..the tub is in excellent shape, just has an ugly color.

Old 09-24-03, 09:03 AM
charlestown
Visiting Guest
I just replaced two of my old tubs due to the same issue, tubs were in great shape but just very outdated color. I did a lot of research for my area with regards to finishing them myself, getting professional refinish and replacing them. I knew I was redoing my tile surround so the tub would be exposed.

The doing it yourself route was the cheapest but I could never find any reliable sources that say it actually looked good. The prof. refinish was around 250-350 and the fine print said not to "bang" against it. I have a kid so was nervous about that statement and they only guarented the work for 2-5 yrs. Replacing the tub actually worked out cheaper than refinishing. I got a white steel tub from the "big store" and made sure the plumbing matched and had a friend help put it in. Cost with new pipes was 150. I gave the old tubs to Habitat for Humanity Outlet store in my area and got the tax deduct.

Good luck with what you decide.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: