vinyl on bathroom floor - how's it done

Old 02-09-04, 10:54 PM
pela
Visiting Guest
vinyl on bathroom floor - how's it done

Hi , I have a tile floor and I don't really like the look of it. It's in a good condition though. I'd like to place roll vinyl over it. I had some people tell me that this will collect mosture under the vinyl and cause some unwanted "growth".

I would like to do it nontheless and from browsing this forum I see that it can be done after all. Would someone please describe the procedure to me as far as floor preporation (i'm trying to avoid underlaying plywood unless it's absolutely necessary??)

what do I do to prevent moisture from collecting under my new floor? I'm planning on using silicone all around the edges, is there something that needs to go under the vinyl itself?

I appreciate any comments.

Old 02-10-04, 10:17 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
pela,

What you have read and what is practical and reasonable is another story. I would talk to your local flooring store about what you propose. My experience tells me not a good thing at all. When I question an application, I ask the flooring people. I will copy this post to Flooring as well.

I understand that you are wanting to save money but this may not be the way to do it.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: