Best shower caulk?

Old 02-20-04, 09:42 AM
artbuc
Visiting Guest
Best shower caulk?

I see several posts stating pure silicon such as GE Silicone II is the best way to go. Does anyone have experience using marine caulks such as polysulfide? I don't know about mildew resistance but the other properties seem to be outstanding.

I used to use DAP adhesive caulk with great success. However, the last several times results have been very poor. I asked DAP if they had changed the formulation and they said no. Maybe so, but something is very diferent.

Old 02-20-04, 02:26 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
I have always used 100% silcone in my showers and tubs.There are alot of people who try to caulk with that like they are using painters caulk and end up with a big mess.No i have never used the marine caulk so i could'nt say anything on that one is that anything like vulcan caulk that they put in the saw cuts of concrete?

Old 02-21-04, 04:37 AM
artbuc
Visiting Guest
Thanks Floorman. I would appreciate any tips you have to properly use silicone. I am probably one of the people you mentioned. I always end-up with silicone all over the place.

Old 02-23-04, 02:23 AM
boardslinger
Visiting Guest
yes marine caulk will work and so will (believe it or not) liquid nails, (sub floor) it's water proof. the hard part is matching the grout color.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: