a new bathroom

Old 03-26-04, 08:10 AM
NewHome
Visiting Guest
a new bathroom

Hi,
If I want to create a bath room (powder room). Have to ctreate the room also. Can anyboby have any idea about how much i have to spend? Simple one. Thanks
Sami

Old 03-27-04, 06:07 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
NewHome,

The question is open for debate but depending on where this is going, proximity to plumbing and the size of the new room, (if we are talking about an addition), this will create many variables to the cost. In addition, we have to think about, exterior of walls, foundation, roof tie into existing (if applicable) heating and electrical.

Just to give you some idea, with the above as a guide, you could easily spend a minimum of $6,000 and go up from there.

Best thing to do is to acquire some ideas on paper as to what you are looking for, get some plans drawn if you are interested in doing this and ask for bids from at least 3 contractors.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-28-04, 01:24 PM
Jesse
Visiting Guest
new bathroom wet area construction

Also building a new bathroom. I would like to build a wet area about 8 x8 x7 ft tall which will contain a bathtub for soaking, two shower heads in the room (not in the bathtub, but in the space adjacent to the tub, and which will also be a steam room with seats. I've read that fans should not go into a steam room, but it would be nice to be able to vent room from within while taking a shower or bath. How about putting in a vent with a sliding glass cover to block the vent during steamroom use?

Haven't seen much on the forums about this kind of design, so curious as to what you think, particularly designing a floor that will stand up to the use. I'm not sure what to use for the ceiling, walls, floor...Swanstone was mentioned on one board, but as being expensive...more so than ceramic? But I don't like the idea of taking care of all that grout. But with a floor this area, how do I make a floor pan. And putting the tub in...what do I do with the floor under it?

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: