wallpaper border behind mirror?

Old 03-28-04, 04:22 PM
debik
Visiting Guest
wallpaper border behind mirror?

Hi -
There is a dilemma in my household which I hope I can get some help on. We are currently finishing a new bathroom in our home. We have ceramic tile on the wall, about half way up. I would then like to add a wallpaper border above that... all's well so far. Here's my question. On the wall which holds our over the sink mirror and over the toilet cabinet, do we use border? The space between the mirror and the top of our tile is only about 2 inches, the space between the cabinet and the top of the tile is about 4 inches. I am using six inch border. Since that wall is one of the two longest walls in the room, it doesn't seem to make sense to have no border. But is it correct to just show such a small amount under the sink mirror and not a full amount under the cabinet? Between the mirror and cabinet the border would show the full amount. Just wondering.
Thanks,
Debi K

Old 03-28-04, 04:27 PM
Furniture Bldr
Visiting Guest
I would cut it around everything. To just stop it will look funny, but it's all personal taste

Old 03-30-04, 02:49 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
when deciding on the placement of borders, this is exactly the sort of thing to consider. personally, that factor would dictate to me to not put the border there at all, but rather to put it at the ceiling level.

but if you're set on putting it right above the tile, then i'd say yes, go ahead and put it on that wall & just have a few inches of it showing. better that, than to have it look like you forgot a wall.

Old 03-31-04, 10:21 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can you raise either or both the 2 or 4 inches?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: