Minimum size for bathroom and shower?

Old 04-19-04, 01:43 PM
Aaron
Visiting Guest
Minimum size for bathroom and shower?

We currently have a nice sized half bath (dont know the size off hand) that wed like to add a shower to. Trying to figure out if well need to break down a wall to add the shower or if there would be enough space as is. Can someone tell me (a total novice) what the minimum space requirements (tight is fine) would be for a bathroom with shower?

Thanks!

Old 04-19-04, 06:16 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Aaron,

The question is hard to answer as it depends on the size of shower you are wanting, current fixture placement and entry door location. The minimum is irrelavant when you consider dimensions of fixtures and entry door. At that point, then you have to figure the "traffic lane" in which one can move around without being too cramped. This is critical.

Best thing is to sketch what you have and how you would best arrange the placement of the new shower. It may take a little time but you'll soon get the layout down to what is acceptable to you.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-28-04, 12:22 PM
showerguy
Visiting Guest
Minimum Shower Size

Hello.

The smallest shower size the company I work for has made had a 30" x 30" shower base. That's 30" from stud to stud - - after the sheetrock panels and glass were up this space became about 28 x 27.

In my opinion this is too small to take a shower in, unless you are just rinsing off with fresh water after taking a dip in the ocean. If you tried to wash your feet, something would have to hit somewhere.

The smallest standard size we offer is 32" x 32" which is the smallest acceptable size for a shower in my opinion. If you have the room, 36" wide x 32" deep is a good small size, and is also a standard size (which means it will cost less).

Good luck on your project !

Old 04-28-04, 05:20 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Aaron,

36 x 36 would be the minimum for an adult otherwise as shower guy mentioned, it is just too small. Personally 38x38 would be my choice but you have to really review what you have now and how you would incorporate the shower to the bathroom in question.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: