Permit Issue

Old 05-27-04, 09:05 AM
jmcutting
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Permit Issue

I have a bit of a problem. I am a frist time homeowner. I have decided to put a second bath in my basement. I pulled a permit planning to do it all myself. I found out that i needed to have the plumbing done by a licensed plumber. So I have a good friend who is a plumber who offered to do it for me. When I pulled the permit they told me that I needed to have the framing inspected before I can drywall. So now that I have the plumbing done, new floor poured, electrical, and framing all done I learn that i have to have the plumbing and electrical inspected. Well I have already poured the floor, and now am afraid I will have to break it all back out to allow for the inspection. Please provide some miracle way out of this perdicament.

thanks,

Justin

Old 05-28-04, 07:56 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Justin,

Unfortunately, you will be at the mercy of the inspector. If your friend is a licensed plumber, then why didn't he call for the inspection when he completed the plumbing rough-in? Your friend who may have cost you some more work and money, hopefully not.

You should have received a packet when you got your permit which helps homeowners understand what inspections are required and what your municipality requires. Not always is this given out without asking but it does help avoid mistakes.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: