Toilet Tissue Holder Removal

Old 06-28-04, 01:45 PM
rkc
Visiting Guest
Toilet Tissue Holder Removal

House has these semi-recessed chrome toilet paper holders in bathrooms. I've seen same kind held on with two screws, which is what replacements look like. However, the one's in my house have no screws. What's holding this on walls and how do I remove (without destroying wall)? Don't want to just start prying at flange without knowing what I'm doing. Thanks.

Old 06-28-04, 09:24 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
rkc,

It's possible that there may be a concealed screws - look under the spindle sockets.

If not, this may be a Sheetrock Installation Holder - (Back Clamp for Gypsum Applications) spring-load back clamps - this may be a problem and some drywall would have to be patched.

If there is any slack (movement from side to side or up and down, that's what you might have.

Good Luck!

Old 06-29-04, 10:37 AM
rkc
Visiting Guest
Thanks. Will check to see if any hidden screws, but didn't recall seeing any the first time. If toilet paper holder is held in by back clamps, is there any partictular method that would result in the least amount of drywall damage?

Old 06-29-04, 12:48 PM
rkc,

You would need to use screwdriver and push one side of clamp in while pulling out on the same side only. Damage would only be on one side which should be minor.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-02-04, 01:07 PM
J
If you didn't do it already here is what i would do. I think that the tp holder could be held in with a big glob of plaster of paris. Drill a few holes in different spots. If I am right you will have to cut it out

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: