Turning unused bedroom into bathroom!

Old 07-08-04, 10:58 AM
lotuspath
Visiting Guest
Turning unused bedroom into bathroom!

Hi Everyone,
My 4 bedroom house is old and has only 1 small bathroom. (7x10 ft, tub included) There is some water damage in the floor as well. The bedroom next to it (15x14 ft) has 2 entrances, one going into the master bed on the other side. I was thinking of dividing the room and making it into two separate bathrooms, one for the master bed and one to replace the old bathroom, which I would turn into a laundry room. Do you think this would raise the resale price of my home enough to cover the expenses of doing this? Or would it be a better idea to just turn the bedroom into one large bath with laundry and leave the old one alone? Or turn the bed into a large bath, and the small current bath into laundry? Sorry if thatís somewhat confusing.
Thanks so much for any help.
Melissa

Old 07-08-04, 06:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Melissa,

IMHO, whenever you delete a bedroom, you loose money. Regardless if you intend to make a bigger or seperate bathroom. I will copy your post into real estate and let Mike provide better input here.

There are allot of factors that go into making this decision and not always is it about resale value. What you do, how you do it, what the current market would be looking for and the issue of return on your dollars invested are all factors. Bathrooms are not immediate returns and usually, it takes about 5 years to recoup just the investment alone.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-12-04, 09:53 AM
lotuspath
Visiting Guest
It definitely helps, thank you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: