Tub surround

Old 07-23-04, 06:52 PM
GREG2305
Visiting Guest
Tub surround

I installed a new whirlpool and tub surround with my bathroom remodel and would like to finish the ceiling and small wallspace above the whirlpool with a topper of some sort.
Have searched locally and on the internet and have not been able to locate such a piece.
Was hoping to find a one piece unit that would do the trick so as not to have to finish off the job another way.
Anyone know of such a piece being available?

Old 07-24-04, 07:23 PM
floorman
Visiting Guest
I'm not familiar with anything like that but tile is a good option for that sort of thing ,have you thought of doing something like that?.May not be the one peice you are searching for but it finishes things off real well

Old 07-24-04, 07:30 PM
GREG2305
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by floorman
I'm not familiar with anything like that but tile is a good option for that sort of thing ,have you thought of doing something like that?.May not be the one peice you are searching for but it finishes things off real well
Yes I have but I am trying to avoid doing so since it could be a bit beyond my skill level,lol.

Old 08-06-04, 02:10 PM
showerguy
Visiting Guest
Ceiling Solution

GREG !

This is an easy one. Cultured Onyx Panels can be bought in a variety of colors, made exactly in the sizes you specify. You can install them yourself using 100% pure acetic-acid-cure silicone, normally available from the company that produces the Onyx panels.

You would install the ceiling panel first, then the back wall panel, then the two side wall panels, normally in less than an hour. You would need to support the ceiling panel for up to 24 hours while the silicone cures (the more humidity, the faster it cures).

Expect the cost for something like this to be somewhere between $300-$400, depending on where you get it and the sizes involved.

If you do not have a local source that can help you, a quick search on the web should turn up a number of sources. To help determine the quality of the specific Cultured Onyx product, I suggest looking at whatever guarantee is offered.

Good luck on your project !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: