Water Proof Membrane for bathroom

Old 09-11-04, 08:57 AM
Dan Bieker
Visiting Guest
Water Proof Membrane for bathroom

I read an article by Mike Holmes talking about a water proof membrane that goes over the drywall making it completly water proof. Does any one know any thing about this? I have never seen it before.

Old 09-13-04, 02:53 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dan,

What exactly are you descibing, in what article? Liquid applied application?

Old 09-13-04, 07:48 PM
Dan Bieker
Visiting Guest
water proof membrane

iIt was an article on the home and gardens site and the topic was bathroom renovations. In the article Mike Holmes was describing new and improved methods of renovating bathrooms to make them last longer andremain rot free. In the article he talked about a new waterproof membrane {i dion't if it was a liquid of fabric} that went over the dry wall making it completly water proof. I assume it is a very new product and thus have never heard of it before.
Originally Posted by Doug Aleshire
Dan,

What exactly are you descibing, in what article? Liquid applied application?

Old 09-21-04, 01:39 AM
listmaker
Visiting Guest
Waterproof membrane

It's a bright pink substance of pudding-like consistency sold in a large bucket in the tile aisle of large home-improvement chains. Apply it with a brush or trowel -- first coat in one direction, second coat in a perpendicular direction. The opposing directions form the bond that makes it waterproof. It's easy and even fun to apply, but the stuff itself is messy -- don't plan on saving the brush, or even the clothes you wear to apply it. You can apply mortar and tile right over it. About $40/bucket, enough for a shower stall. Look near the pre-mixed mortar in the store. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: