Tub surround with window

Old 09-22-04, 09:06 AM
Wavy
Visiting Guest
Tub surround with window

I am trying to find out how to finish off a bathroom.
Bathroom window in middle of tub.
Currently has ceramix tiles but i would like to put a tub surround in since i have never done tiles.
Since drywall extends above the tub surround, would i just glue the tub surround to the GREEN drywall?
If that is the case, how do i finish it off around window? Just caulking or is there tub surrounds to do this kinda of job.
ANY help would be great, thanks everyone.

Old 09-22-04, 02:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wavy,

Depending on what you really want and less chance for possible water damage you have to resolve one thing. That is the window. If you don't feel confident to apply ceramic tile, then the optional fiberglass acrylic or solid surface panels are options, however the window is still an issue.

Should you desire to go with a do-it-yourself panels, then look at this for how to take care of the window area. Others have just said the heck with it and use a shower curtain of shortened size to protect the window but if yur window is currently wood, then we need to take it out and replace it with something else, vinyl or glass block. A shower curtain just won't work!

Here is one link on window trim kits with their wall system. This does not work with any other brands.

http://www.mustee.com/bathwall.shtml

This is a link to glass block ideas that have been done in my projects. It's just a small sample but you get the idea on your options.

http://dougaphs.smugmug.com/Architecture/36375

Hope this helps!

Old 09-24-04, 09:38 AM
Wavy
Visiting Guest
Thanks Doug

Those links helped a ton.
I think I will try the glass block.
Hey I figure it is my brothers house and what a better place to learn how to do the job right. LOL
Thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: