Shower Arm Wobbles

Old 10-05-04, 10:57 AM
Tamburaman
Visiting Guest
Shower Arm Wobbles

I am in the process of selling my house and it was pointed out to me that one of my shower arms appears to be loose. It's not loose in the terms of rotating clockwise or counter clockwise, it's loose in the terms of moving left to right. In otherwords, if you were to grab it with your hand, it moves relatively easily. My other shower arm, doesn't move at all. How can I fix this?

Old 10-05-04, 11:27 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
2 choices. One is to tear out the wall in back of the shower and make sure it is secured to the studs.(the fitting the arm screws into SHOULD be a sweat fitting and thus should not swivel back and forth).Two is to pull the escutheon plate (that chrome cover at the wall where the arm goes through) forward and fill the hole in tight to the arm with joint compound or a type of waterproof filler like Waterplug. Perhaps someone else will have a better idea but thats my PERSONAL opinion. Good luck.

Old 10-05-04, 05:40 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,228 Upvotes on 1,988 Posts
You can also use spray insulating foam. Pull the chrome trim ring away from the wall. Stick the straw from the foam can into the wall cavity and hose away. If it looks like the foam is just dripping/falling all the way down to the floor then move the straw around to get the foam to stick to the pipe (in the wall) and the walls.

Old 10-06-04, 09:52 AM
Tamburaman
Visiting Guest
Thank you guys. I know I can now solve the problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: