Bathroom tub install

Old 10-09-04, 10:50 AM
lttlbrch
Visiting Guest
Bathroom tub install

I have been redoing my bathroom and I have finished gutting it out and have finished the insulation and vapour barrier and have been working on the plumbing and I have ran into a little trouble getting the tub to level out. I have support on the ends and one going along the back wall. All at 191/2" from the floor. I have placed the tub in and out about 5 times know and it still ends up unlevel. Can someone tell me a easy way to level a tub.

Old 10-09-04, 11:00 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Are the edges of your tub all the same? If the lip is longer or shorter in any place theres no way it will be level being on level boards or supports. Next question is....is the floor level? Not an uncommon occurance. Check these two things first. Good luck.

Old 10-09-04, 11:08 AM
lttlbrch
Visiting Guest
Not sure what you mean about the edges of the tub being the same. The tub style is a peanut shape and got it a Home Depoit. I have leveled out the floor pryer to installing the tub. In the tub instructions all it say's to do is have a support beam on the back wall 191/2" up and 2 verticle 2x4 on on each end at 191/2" high. There is on low spot on the floor right near the drain but the tub support is not on that spot.

Old 10-09-04, 11:13 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Have you tried to adjust the supports higher or lower to make up the difference needed to make it level?

What part is not going level, back edge of sides?

If your not making changes you will not ever get it level.

Old 10-09-04, 12:50 PM
lttlbrch
Visiting Guest
Just got back from Home depoit and they said to make a morder base and put some small piles under the tub and then place the tub down on the morder and then level it and let it sit for the night.

Is this a good thing to do or is there a work around somewhere?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: