Bath surround with window - need help

Old 10-19-04, 06:41 AM
mkm316
Visiting Guest
Question Bath surround with window - need help

I will post this under windows and vinyl too. We are renovating an old bathroom and installing a 5-piece vinyl shower surround. The issue is that there is a window (vinyl window with wood frame) in the middle of the shower, and we need to trim around it. I am looking for vinyl "outside" corners to cover the wood frame (sill, etc) so that it can be watertight. We really don't want to redo our bath and then have to use a shower curtain across our lovely new frosted window. Lowes directed me to some outside corners which I think are used for vinyl siding, but I don't know if that's the best thing. Any ideas of where we can find such a thing or what we can use to rig it? Did I mention that we are trying to go as cheap as we can? And taking the window out is not an option. Thanks.

Old 10-20-04, 05:30 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Look for a vinyl siding supply house or your local building supply store. I'm not sure it will be a look you want, but there are all sorts of vinyl trim pieces (inside & outside corners) and moldings... They should be pretty inexpensive. I'm not sure how well it will work. You may have to go crazy with a tube of silicone caulk.

Old 10-21-04, 09:41 AM
Wavy
Visiting Guest
Try this site

http://www.mustee.com/bathwall.shtml

Doug the moderator sent me to this site when I asked that question.
They look really sharp for finishing the shower surround system with a window in it. I haven't done the work yet, but will be this winter once the snow and ice arrive in Canada.
Good luck and if you use these, let me know how it worked out for you.
Thanks
marty

Old 10-23-04, 05:55 AM
mkm316
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thanks for your responses! I will check it out!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: