2 sinks in 58 3/4" counter

Old 11-22-04, 09:22 AM
ccw
Visiting Guest
2 sinks in 58 3/4" counter

I plan on undermounting 2 Amer.Stand 17x14 Ovalyn sinks on a 58 3/4" granite counter-top. The sinks now look quite large for the width of the counter. Am I leaving enough counter space. Will it look like too much sink? Thanks.

Old 11-22-04, 04:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ccw,

Here is a guideline to follow concerning your sinks.

The minimum clearance from the lavatory centerline to any sidewall is 12 inches. (I prefer 15")

The minimum clearance between two bowls in the lavatory center is 30 inches, centerline to centerline.

In your favor, the sinks are not of large size.

For this size countertop, placing 2 sinks is too crowding, IMHO. If this countertop is between 2 walls, then based on what I provided above tells you it is too tight.

First problem being that if 2 people are in there at one time, an elbow is going to get someobody in the eye.

Second thing is that setting any items on the countertop will just takeover the surface area and be too displeasing to the eye if that is important to you.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-23-04, 08:41 AM
ccw
Visiting Guest
tks for the specs

Unfortunately, my husband is really pushing the 2 sinks & we will just hv to learn to live in the tight situation. The counter is between 1 wall & 1 knee wall, so there is a little clearance on 1 side. Based on yr specs, we hv 33" between the sink drains, plus 12-13" to each side, which should just abt squeeze it in. I prefer lever handles, but maybe the cross handles are more compact looking. Thanks again for the specs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: